Monday 29 August 2016

Renew Malaysian passport online


Malaysian passport can be renewed online started from 1st of September 2016. 

4 states and 2 urban transformation centres (UTC) has been chosen as part of a pilot programme to issue passports which is renewed via the "MyOnline Passport" system. 

Service would be available at the Immigration offices in Pahang, Sarawak, Penang, Putrajaya, Pudu Sentral, and Galleria@Kotaraya Johor. 

The renewal can be also done online via mobile phone, and you are required to choose any of the passport issuing counters to collect your passport. For example, you online application is made in Seremban, but you may collect it from Putrajaya. 

I believe with this online application system will help to reduce the congestion at the immigration offices. I remember once my friend told me he started to queue at one of the office in Petaling Jaya since 5am but still have to wait for 4 hours to get the running number. If this programme runs well, I hope the immigration department will open more counters in other states a.s.a.p. 

Few things can be done via "MyOnline Passport" system 
- Update details 
- Upload photo 
- Making payment (via debit / credit card) before collecting the passport 

I have just renewed my passport in May 2016 @ Kelana Jaya Immigration office (Click here for details). Looks like I will be using this system only after 5 years :) 

1 comment:

  1. I think most people would agree with your awesome article which is specially related of online payment. I am going to bookmark this web site so I can come back and read more articles. Keep up the good work!
    workpermit and residence permit in nigeria

    ReplyDelete